Following one post-war season in the Southern Amateur League, the club joined the Corinthian League in 1946 where they remained until the competition merged with the Athenian League in 1963. In the immediate post-war years the Saffrons attendances averaged 3,000 with the ground record of 7,378 being set when the Southern League side Hastings United visited in an F.A. Cup tie on the 10th October, 1953. During this era there were further Charity Cup successes, a Sussex Senior Cup win in 1953 and an AFA Invitation Cup success in 1970.
Two years later, after more than eighty years of being known as the “Town Club”, the clubs name was changed to its present form, Eastbourne Town FC. In March 1969 the wooden grandstand was destroyed by an arsonist and although temporary cover was provided, it was twenty-five years before a replacement was opened; the stand being named of the club stalwarts Sid Myall and Taffy Jones.